Saturday, January 19, 2013

Curing Fear & Insomnia

The Prophet's (peace be upon him) guidance on curing fear and insomnia is the best guidance in my opinion.

Sunrise
At-Tirmidhi narrated in his Sunan that Khalid once complained to the Prophet (peace be upon him) that he does not sleep well at night. Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"When you go to bed say, 'O Allah! The Lord of the seven heavens and what is under them, the Lord of the earths and what they carry, and the Lord of the devils and whoever they misguide!

Be my supporter against the evil of all of Your creation, preventing any of them to cause me any harm or injustice.

Mighty indeed are those whom You support, honorable indeed is Your praise, and their is no deity worthy of worship except you.'"

Also, At-Tirmidhi narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) used to teach his companions these words when they face any fear,

"I seek refuge with Allah's perfect Words from His anger and torment, and from the evil of His slaves and the whisperings of the devils. I seek refuge with You, my Lord from their presence."

Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) used to teach these words to his children and would even write them for those who were not able to memorize them.

There is no doubt that such words are suitable and effective in removing and repelling all types of harm and good guidance on curing fear and insomnia.

8 comments:

  1. The strange thing occurred to me as I was reading this.. when I was little, I used to have very vivid nightmares and the only thing that seemed to help was a little prayer that my sister taught me, "As I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord, my soul to keep.." And, even as an adult, I still suffer from night mares at times.. and of course, I always pray.. that the Lord will keep those nightmares away.. and it does help.. I kid you not.. so this is a powerful trick.. that too many people tend to overlook.. and I think a lot of that has to do with their faith depending on how strong their faith is.. This was very interesting my dear friend.. and thank you for asking about my mom.. bless her heart, she's fighting so hard..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum Assalam

    Thank you for this wonderful information. I do not sleep well at all and have very vivid dreams to even strong nightmares. One of my biggest fears is falling asleep and reliving another nightmare. I will give this a try today before I fall asleep. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lucky I don't suffer with this - but my kids often will have nightmares or fears - so this is good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asalamu alaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuhu,

    @Farhan Jalil - JazakAllah khair.

    @Crystal - Thank you for your polite words & your welcome.

    @Brocha B - Your welcome insha'Allah this will work for you.

    @Karima - JazakAllah khair for your wise words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JazakAllah khair for posting this...Can you post the Arabic versions of these duas up please??

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Saleeth Sufyan - BarakAllah feek.

    @Muslimah Delights - BarakAllah feek, you can try translating inshAllah as I do not have the arabic versions.

    ReplyDelete